Stole this gem from one of my favorite food blog and recipe index.
These energy bites are gluten free, vegan and grain free (nut free: substitute pistachio for rolled oats). As I begin to familiarize myself with the many foods my body can and can’t tolerate, like any other human being on this planet I do have a sweet tooth. My Whole Food Life is my go to food blog whenever I am in the mood for something sweet and simple, and surely my cravings are always satisfied.
- ½ cup raw pepitas
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw pistachios
- 1 T maca powder
- 1 T chia seeds
- 10 medjool dates (pits removed)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- 2-3 T water
- I added an extra 1-2 Tbs of pistachio
- 2 extra pitted dates
- 1 extra Tbs of water
- In a food processor, grind up the pistchios, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pepitas, sea salt and maca powder to a coarse consistency.
- Then add in the dates and continue to pulse.
- Lastly, add in the water, 1 tablespoon at a time until a dough starts to form.
- Roll into balls of any desired shape or size
|||| http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/03/14/5-minute-maca-energy-bites/ ||||