I have never tasted something so delicious and so guilt free #favoriterecipe these little green balls have my mouth watering for more #blissballs
#homemade vegan spinach balls #berryhappyballs recipe will be up on the blog this afternoon #veganbites make sure to check it out #newtoberryhappybites can be eaten as both a snack or an appetizer and best served warm and fresh out of the oven #cleaneating #vegan #fingerfood#naturalfoodie #plantbased
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach |washed and dried|
- ½ cup Cashews |whole and raw|
- 1 cup Almonds |whole and raw|
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Chia Egg
- 1 small Red Onion
- ½ cup Oats
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until nuts are slightly ground.
- Use an ice cream scooper to form the balls of the spinach mixture out of the food processor or bowl and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes until bottoms of the spinach balls have browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a minute on a cookie rack. Serve warm.
- Prepare Chia eggs by mixing 1 tablespoon ground Chia or Flax Seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Allow to sit for 15 minutes until a thick gel forms. This is your egg replacement.
- If your mixture is too wet to form balls, add more oats or almonds. If your mixture is too dry, add a bit more olive oil or a bit of water.
Inspired by || http://www.veganfamilyrecipes.com/2014/12/vegan-spinach-balls.html ||