we be jamming #strawberryjam
initially the idea was to get a picture of the jar full of my homemade strawberry chia jam #berryhappybowl what ended up happening is that I downed the whole jar before taking the picture #strawberryjam#homemade since I’ll be home all summer I take it that its a good time for me to get baking making all my favorite recipes and those I never had the time to do #summerfun #foodlover #veganfood#lifestyle #healthyhabits making this jam is as easy as heating and mashing the fruit of your choice stirring in some chia seeds with some raw honey or preferred sweetener #easyrecipe #breakfastclub lets not forget where it all comes from #localingredientsmade with our local strawberries from #montcelhaiti and honey from my grandpas garden #breakfastfoodie #nutritious#natural #organic
- 24 ounces strawberries or fruit of choice, fresh or frozen (if the fruit is large, slice it into pieces first)
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or agave (I used honey)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Combine the fruit and 1 tablespoons honey in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the fruit is liquidy, bring it to a gentle boil and let cook until it breaks down.
- Stir in the chia seeds and let cook one minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir once more, and let sit for 10 minutes. The jam will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Transfer the chia jam into a jar or any air tight container.